After School Activities
Innovation Montessori Ocoee is excited to offer a wide variety of after-school programs (in addition to our brand-new AM/PM program)
There are lots of opportunities for your child outside of the classroom. Please take a look below to learn about all kinds of activities, clubs, and more.
Concert Band is for students interested in playing brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments. We play music of different genres and tempos to encourage students to develop technique in a variety of styles. The Concert Band performs in the school’s music program concerts held in the winter and spring. Students of all levels are welcome – prior band experience is not required.
- Meets: Monday and Friday 3:15PM to 5:30PM and Wednesday 2:15PM to 4:30PM
- Open to students in grades 4th through 9th
- Fee: $275 | plus $100 instrument fee for percussionists or if you rent a brass instrument through school
Please complete the band interest form (found via the link below “please visit HERE“)
To learn more about Concert Band, please visit HERE
One of the three new chamber ensembles at IMO this year will be the Percussion Ensemble. Performances will include winter and spring concert, school functions, Night of Percussion (May), Solo & Ensemble, as well as other events that arise throughout the year. More information will be given to students during the beginning of the school year.
Instrumentation: Students must be comfortable learning/performing on mallet instruments and battery instruments.
Percussion instruments include: snare, bass, toms, congas, bongos, marimba, vibraphone, xylophone, concert bells, and various other instruments.
- Meets: Tuesday and Thursday 3:15PM to 5:30PM
- Open to students in grades 6th through 9th
- Fee: $375 (includes $100 instrument fee for percussionists)
Please complete the band interest form (found via the link below “please visit HERE“)
To learn more about Percussion Ensemble, please visit HERE.
Orchestra is for students interested in playing violin, viola, cello, and double-bass. We are excited to offer strings once again at Innovation Montessori Ocoee. We play music of different genres and tempos to encourage students to develop technique in a variety of styles. The Orchestra performs in the school’s music program concerts held in the winter and spring. Students of all levels are welcome.
- Meets: Monday and Friday 3:30PM to 5:30PM
- Open to students in 4th through 9th grade
- Fee: $275
To learn more about Orchestra, please visit HERE
Not everyone knows what winterguard is all about, but Innovation Montessori Ocoee is working hard to put the activity on the map. Winterguard is much like your traditional color guard that performs in the fall with the high school band at halftime of football games. Winterguard just takes the performance indoors (occasionally outdoors) and performs to recorded music instead of the live band. The IMO Winterguard is comprised of an extremely talented group of students. The group learns dance, movement, and a variety of equipment including flags. Each season, winterguard learns a different routine with unique costumes and props. Influence from 2017/18 show was pulled from the song “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”. This season, will be a part of the FFCC (Florida Federation of Colorguards Circuit). Participation includes performances across Central Florida.
- Meets: Thursdays 3:30PM to 5:30PM
- Open to students in grades 5th through 9th. Some dance experience is suggested, but not required
- Fee: $325 (rehearsal clothing and cost of trip to finals in Daytona is not included)
- Attendance at FFCC shows is mandatory – see schedule for dates
- Rehearsal clothing: black leggings or shorts, and black top. Dance or athletic wear is strongly recommended
Some Saturday rehearsals will take place in November, December, and January as we prepare for the competition season.
To learn more about Winterguard, please visit HERE
Drama and Musical Theatre
We are excited to expand our drama and musical theatre offerings! In addition to our Spring Musical and Fall Play, IMO now offers Drama and Musical Theatre as an after-school program.
- Lower Elementary Monday 3:15PM to 4:15PM (Waiting List – roster currently at full capacity)
- Upper Elementary, Middle, and High School Tuesday – REGISTER NOW!
- Open to students in grades 1st through 9th
- Fee: $125
To learn more about Drama and Theatre, please visit HERE
IMO RPG and Strategic Gaming Club
Calling all gamers! The IMO RPG and Strategic Gaming Club is a place for all kinds of gamers. The club will run at least one D&D campaign along with the option to play a variety of boardgames, card games, and any other type of strategic table top games.
- Meets: Thursdays from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Open to students in grades 7th, 8th, and 9th
- Fee: $40
Club Sponsor: Ms. Natalie Zanini/TA Galileo firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about IMO RPG & Strategic Gaming Club, please visit HERE
Welcome to the Innovation Montessori AM/PM Before & After Care Program. Here at Innovation Montessori, we know by working as a community we will be able to provide your child with an extended day program that is safe, fun, and full of enrichment activities.
At AM/PM, we consider our extended day as an actual extension of our Montessori Methods. We want to work with you and your child in order to provide your child with a fun, engaging, and safe experience. We also want to assist parents by providing affordable after school care along with providing a program that will continue the lessons of grace and courtesy. At AM/PM, we strive to offer the best extended day program possible.
After School Vendors
Yoga Calm is now being offered at IMO in Aftercare. Help your children develop healthy habits for a lifetime of wellness and happiness! Yoga Calm gives children a practice and routine that integrates physical, mental and emotional development. Skills and activities covered include:
- Simple breathing techniques to slow down the nervous system, develop self-control and connect children with their feelings
- Yoga poses to release energy, learn compassion and develop strength, concentration and self-confidence
- Counseling games and process that develop patience, mindfulness, compassion, leadership and other social/emotional skills
- Relaxation techniques and storytelling to calm the body and mind and integrate physical, emotional and cognitive experiences
Yoga mats and all materials used will be provided
- 1st – 3rd Grade Wednesdays 2:30-3:15 August 22nd-October 10th
- 4th – 6th Grade Thursdays 3:30-4:15 August 23rd-October11th
- Open to students in grades 1st through 6th
- Fee: $120 per 8 week session
Classes will be taught by Michelle Finley, an IMO parent and Certified Yoga Calm Instructor. Please contact Michelle at 262-224-5378 to enroll your children. For more information about the Yoga Calm method, visit www.yogacalm.org.
Music with Mar
Coming to Innovation Montessori Primary Campus!
“Music with Mar.” is an internationally renowned program that uses Music and Movement to enhance learning in all major developmental areas. It is a fun and engaging way to participate in music and strengthen beginning musical skills, while enriching learning in all developmental areas. Classes are for students in Primary (siblings in 1st grade may attend). Students may come alone, however parents are welcome to come and participate in the class along with their child when available! Space is limited to 18 students ONLY!
- Meets: Thursday 3:30PM to 4:15PM August 30th through December 13th
- Open to students in Primary
- Fee: $120 or $170 for 2 siblings
(No siblings beyond 1st grade. Individual students must be in primary)
Why Playball? We offer more! Professional, specialized, high standards, result oriented, priority! The Best for your child is to expose him/her to a variety of sports – specializing in once sport at this age is unnecessary.
Focusing on: Netball, Soccer, Tennis, Hockey, Baseball & Basketball!
BEGINS TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4th
- Meets: Monday (Lower Elementary) and Tuesday (Primary)
- Times: 3PM to 3:30PM | 3:30PM to 4PM | 4PM to 4:30PM (must be enrolled in Am/PM)
- Open to students in Primary (Tuesdays) and Lower Elementary (Monday)
- Fee: $10 registration fee (includes t-shirt), then $40 per month
- Contact: TJ Briante | email@example.com | (407)448-9981
Dance Station Orlando is a unique and exciting academy of dance, creative movement, and fitness. Established in 2012 by Royal Academy of Dance graduate, Emily Humble, DSO strives to promote high quality dance teaching and fitness training to a range of ages and abilities throughout the local Orlando communities. Our highly experienced team members are dedicated to developing a positive and inspiring experience to all of our participants.
- Meets: Tuesdays 3:15Pm to 4:15PM
- Open to students in 1st through 6th grade
- Fee: $55 per month
Super Awesome Cool Pottery
Super Awesome Cool Pottery Clay Sculpture classes. 4-6 week sessions run all year long. Register online at www.superawesomecool.com/afterschool. Each week make a cool new project! Students will make projects such as; square dish, sun bowl, heart plate, fish plate, elephant tea cup, peacock bowl, coil tray, name plaque and more. Please see session flyer for specific projects. All work is kiln fired for a shiny, durable food safe surface.
- Meets: Fridays 3:15PM to 4:30PM
- Open to students in Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Fee: $96 (6) weeks (multiple sessions available)