2020 Summer Camp
We invite your child(ren) to join us for a summer of fun in a nurturing environment that encompasses peace education, environmentalism, and multiculturalism.
IMPORTANT UPDATE from the Summer Camp Team
We are very grateful for all the creativity and effort that our staff has already poured into designing our summer camps this year but, given current uncertainty around COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our planned offerings. Our goal in making this call now is to provide our staff and families as much time as possible to make other arrangements for summer activities. We look forward to seeing everyone in the fall when, hopefully, things will have returned to a more recognizable normal.
Click on each week to find what camps are offered
Where is IMO Summer Camp Located?
- Innovation Montessori Ocoee – 1644 N. Lakewood Ave. Ocoee, FL 34761
How do I register for camp?
- Please click the following link: IMO Summer Camp Registration
Who can register for IMO Summer Camp?
- Any child entering K-11th grade who is at least five years old prior to the start date of the camp they are registering for. Children do not have to be students of Innovation Montessori Ocoee.
What grade should I register my camper for?
- Please register your child based on the grade they will be entering in the fall. Entering Kindergarten students must be 5 years old prior to attending camp.
What time does camp start and end each day?
- Camp promptly begins at 9:00AM and ends at 2:00PM.
What is the drop-off procedure?
- Please park in an available parking space in the parking lot in front of the two-story school building and walk your child into the Multipurpose room to sign-in your child.
What time can I drop my child off?
- Drop-off begins at 9:00AM. Please do not drop-off your child prior to 9:00AM.
What is the pick-up procedure?
- Park and walk to the Multipurpose room. Once you enter the MPR, look for the sign that corresponds to the camp your child is registered for and sign your child out of camp.
Do I need to sign my child out each day?
- Your child must be signed-out each afternoon by an authorized pick-up person with a valid photo ID.
Who can pick-up my child?
- Anyone who is listed as “allowed to pick-up” on your registration paperwork and who is at least 16 years old with a valid photo ID.
How much does one week of Camp at IMO cost?
- Innovation Montessori Ocoee Camp is $175.00/week per camper. Please note, we do not prorate camp weeks for any reason.
Are there discounts for camp?
- Yes, there is a 10% discount for those who register by April 10th.
When do I pay for camp?
- During the registration process, you will have the option to choose between a single payment option and a two-installment payment option. The single payment will be due in full when your registration is processed. The two-installment payment option will require 50% of the total fees due at the time your registration is processed, and the remaining balance set to be paid automatically on May 1st.
What if registration is full?
- You have the option to be added to a waitlist for that week. You will be notified if a space becomes available. Spaces are first come first served and being on the waitlist does not guarantee you a space in any camp week.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancellations requested prior to May 1st will be refunded less the $75.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided after May 1st. Innovation Montessori Ocoee reserves the right to cancel any camp program if the conditions warrant. Notification will be provided as early as possible should this be necessary.
Can I register for just one week?
- You are welcome to register for whichever week(s) work best for you. There are no minimum or maximum weeks a camper can attend.
Who is facilitating these camps?
- All camp staff are IMO teachers, teacher assistants, or IMO’s Before & After School Enrichment staff members.
What should my camper wear each day?
- All campers should wear comfortable clothes that can get dirty and shoes that are suitable for playing outside.
Should I pack extra clothes for my camper?
- Yes, every camper should have an extra set of clothes with them at camp. Please label everything.
Can my camper bring toys from home to camp?
- No, please leave toys at home. All toys/objects brought from home will be held by camp staff during the day and returned to the camper at the end of the day. IMO Camp is not responsible for any camper’s personal items that may be lost, stolen, or damaged.
What food do I need to pack for my camper?
- Each camper must bring their own lunch to camp. Pack a nut-aware lunch. There is no refrigeration or microwave available for campers’ lunches. Each camper must bring a reusable water bottle with their name on it. Water bottles will be refilled throughout the day. Please be sure to include information regarding allergies and dietary restrictions on your registration paperwork. Innovation Montessori Ocoee Camp will provide a snack for all campers. These snacks will rotate between pretzels, crackers, and fruit.
What will my child be doing every day?
- Each camp has a different theme, so activities will be specific to each camp. However, every camp will include outside time.
If my child is sick can they still participate in camp?
- If your child is sick, we ask that you keep them home for the day to allow for rest and healing. Keep your child home until free of fever for 24 hours without the assistance of fever reducing medications.
What if I need to pick my child up early or miss a day?
- If your child will be absent or if you plan to pick-up your child early, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-654-2045 Ext. 125. You may leave a voicemail that includes your child’s full name and the time your child will be picked up or the date your child will be absent. No refunds will be issued for missed days.
What do I do if we arrive late?
- Please enter the front office of the campus and someone will assist you. You may also call 407-654-2045 to speak with someone. We may not be stationed in the front office at the time of your arrival. If that is the case, call 407-654-2045 ext. 125 and someone will be available to assist you.
What if there is an emergency and I am unable to pick-up my child by 2:00PM?
- Call 407-654-2045 ext. 125 to speak with the camp director.
Who do I contact regarding questions about camp?