Camp Lakewood Bright Futures Community Service
Hurry, DEADLINE is April 23, 2021!
Camp Lakewood’s High School Assistant program is designed to develop leadership skills by providing support to our education staff and instructors while working with camp students. This is a volunteer opportunity most suitable for students looking to develop knowledge and viable experiences for a professional career path.
High School Assistants will work with their assigned camp guides to mentor campers participating within their selected camp program. They will learn organization skills, assist with teaching content, facilitate camp activities, be an advocate for camper safety, and support conflict resolution.
HS Assistants must provide their own lunch, snacks, and water during the day.
This program is designed for high school aged students (grades 9-12th) who are interested in volunteering for our education programs. We are seeking assistants for Camp Lakewood this summer. No teaching experience necessary and we accept assistants interested in areas of theatre, nature, insects, S.T.E.M, music, and art. Assistants will help with checking in/out students, classroom management, classroom set-up/clean up, delivering content, support and more!
All High School Assistants may count hours worked at Camp Lakewood towards community service hours.
HS Assistant Daily Camp Schedule 8AM to 3PM daily (7 hours daily = 35 hours/week)
|8AM||HS Assistant Arrival|
|3PM||HS Assistant Departure|
HS Assistant Dress Code
- Tops: Solid Tees or Camp T-shirt Shirts ONLY. Must cover the midriff and not be low cut in the front or the back. No slogans, phrases, references, logos or images other than Camp’s logo
- Bottoms: Leggings, jeans, pants, shorts (Fingertip length or longer). No rips, tears and or fraying above the knees.
- Footwear: Closed toed shoes ONLY! Can be Casual or athletic. NO HEELS or DRESS SHOES please
*If you think an outfit or specific clothing item is questionable, then we ask that you respectfully choose another item to wear.
Process and Steps to Take
All HS assistant applicants must apply online, meet with the Camp Director for an interview and upon acceptance, apply for DCF clearance. DCF clearance is approximate $100 per person and assistants are responsible for the initial payment. Upon completion of the camp community service obligation and evaluation, IMO will reimburse the assistant for this fee. The DCF clearance* is valid for up to 5 years, pursuant to Section 435.12, F.S, and may be listed on their resume and is applicable for other childcare positions within the State of Florida.
The expected steps for this process are as follows:
- Complete High School Assistant for Camp Lakewood application online (below)
- Submit Bright Futures proposal (FOUND HERE), via email, to Ms. Cyndi for approval: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule and complete interview with Ms. Naila, Camp Director: Naseera.Mohammed@innovationmontessori.com
- Receive offer of assistant position pending clearance
- Apply for DCF clearance with Camp Lakewood/Innovation Montessori Ocoee
- Receive fingerprinting information from Camp Lakewood/Innovation Montessori Ocoee
- Complete Affidavit of Good Moral Conduct DCF form
- Schedule, pay and complete fingerprinting
- Receive DCF clearance
- Zoom meeting with Camp Director and Camp Guide
- Fulfill community service at camp
- Complete Bright Futures logs
- Camp Evaluation from Camp Guide to be completed
- Receive DCF reimbursement if eligible
- Submit in Bright Futures log to Cyndi – HS guidance advisor
*Once students graduate or depart from Innovation Montessori, information on maintaining your DCF clearance can be provided.
High School Assistant for Camp Lakewood Application
Please complete and submit the form below. We will contact your soon to discuss your interests. Hurry, DEADLINE is April 23, 2021!