Kindergarden - Eighth Grade
Innovation Montessori Ocoee is a school created for children, by parents, using one of the most child-centered educational philosophies in the world – Montessori. Children are at the heart of everything we do and the best interests of our students are the basis of every decision we make.
Innovation Montessori Ocoee is a not-for-profit, in the truest sense of the word. Every penny we make is used to enhance our students’ educational experience. We are managed by a fully volunteer Board of Directors.
Charter schools are funded differently than district schools and, as a Montessori school, our expenses for staff and materials run higher than traditional schools. We bridge the gap with the help of our families. Innovation Montessori has a mandatory minimum 20 volunteer hour requirement per family, and we love to put our community’s talents to work for our school.
The Montessori Method
Our mission is to provide strong, authentic Montessori education in a Public-School setting. Being a charter school means that we are tuition free in grades K-8 and High School. It also means that we are required to teach state standards and participate in state mandated testing. Children must abide by the Orange County Public School’s (OCPS) code of conduct and we do have the same attendance policies, and follow the same calendar as OCPS.
We are a Montessori school. Montessori educational philosophy extends beyond academics, into whole child education. It encompasses peace education, environmentalism and multi-culturalism. Children benefit when there is a close alignment between home and school. We are an alternative education model school. We highly recommend that you do research on Montessori before deciding to become part of our community. We offer tours October through May; please check our website to sign up for one.
Want to learn more about what makes the Montessori experience so unique? Ready to apply and want to get a real feel for the magic that happens in our classrooms? Newly accepted and interested in getting your questions answered about what your child’s day will soon be like?
We encourage you to make an informed choice about your child’s education and to proactively seek answers to any questions you may have so that your child can become excited and well-prepared to join us here at Innovation Montessori. The best way to do this is through touring our school. Tours are held at scheduled times from October through May and you must reserve your space.
School tours scheduled take place at our new Ocoee campus location: 1644 N. Lakewood Ave. Ocoee, FL 34761
How to Apply
837.06 False official statements.—Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with the intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Controlled Open Enrollment Capacity Transfer (COEC)
Eligibility for this transfer is described below: An open enrollment Transfer allows a family to transfer from any school, whether it is a OCPS district school or not, to a school that has available capacity. Relevant factors are as follows:
- Transfers still follow the lottery application process on our school site.
- Seats are offered to students seeking an “open enrollment capacity transfer” only after all those in lottery waitlist within the Orange County, Florida district have been offered a seat
- The student must stay for the entire school year, unless there is a change of address
- Transportation is not provided by Innovation Montessori
- Transfers may be revoked if the student is excessively tardy to school, remains at school beyond the dismissal time without prior arrangements with school officials, or is referred to the principal for disciplinary action.
Priority for the Transfer shall be given to the following groups:
- Students residing in Orange County, Florida and accepted through the lottery
- Dependent children of active duty military personnel whose move resulted from military orders
- Children who have been relocated due to foster care placement in a different school zone
- Children who move due to a court-ordered change in custody due to separation or divorce, or the serious illness or death of a custodial parent